What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Saturday, November 29


Today's lifeku is a reader submission, sent in by the lovely and talented Maureen, who is also my Twin Flame (as in uber BFF):

What is with the cookie cutter mansions that all look the same? Architecturally, they are like the equivalent of North Korea, lacking any and all individuality. It totally gives me the creeps to think that all of my neighbors would have the same bathroom as I do...


Tacky McMansion
Your house looks like your neighbors
Learn to be unique

3 Comments:

simplysteph said...

reminds me of the weeds opening sequence.
if your not familiar with it heres a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPGf5_6dUA

Daughter said...

Agreed, all of the cookie cutter McMansions totally remind me of little ticky tacky boxes.... Doesn't it bother people that their homes have no history or charm?

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was thinking about how I could include ticky tacky in there somehow...what a great show.