What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Just because it's Obama Day...

I know that blogs are supposed to be "relevant" or whatever... we're supposed to keep up with the "news," see what people are "reading" about, and use "key words" to drive "traffic" in our directions. Let me just keep it real by saying that I am way too "lazy" to do that. I do, however, know that an outside "world" exists outside my bubble and that important "events" occur there. So, for the sake of it, here you go:

I should have written
An inauguration post
But I didn't. Crap.

4 Comments:

meemo said...

I know. Me either. But I did realize that Inauguration has five syllables. And that you spelled Barack wrong in the Tags.

Daughter said...

Sweet. I'm on fire!

EURA. said...

I tagged you here because I love your haikus!

The Self-Deprechaun said...

Daughter-its okay that you were mental for this post. Barack will save you.

Do you clap when you are figuring it out the syllables. Is there any other way?