What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Monday, December 29

We called for Reader Submission: Holiday Edition and received the oh-so-lovely legend of the non-existent newspaper. That is to say, a newspaper was ordered from said date to said date, yet said newspaper fails to appear when the date arrives. When asked, Cheryl explained:

No tip for Christmas
I just didn't feel like it
Bah humbug, news boy

3 Comments:

Daughter said...

I'll go ahead and comment first since this lifeku doesn't belong to me: I think it's stupid that we feel "obliged" to tip people who are totally undeserving when the concept of a "tip" is to reward service that is above and beyond. I never tip the gardienne of my building for Christmas, because she's a nosy horrible person and doesn't deserve it, which is probably why she hates me.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what the news guy looks like at the house - and what do you tip the guy who only comes on Sundays?

Daughter said...

nothing. you tip him nothing.