What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Wednesday, September 9: Reader Submission

I received this rather angry yet totally valid reader submission from Buzz, who once again called me out on being too French by "prolonging" my vacation...

You gave us a taste
Got us all addicted
And 'French-Style', you quit

You said just August
Did you lose your calendar?
It's now September

My mornings were bright
The inbox would ding with joy
Where's my Lifeku, bitch?

He speaks the truth...

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

He does speak the truth. Even without the right number of syllables.