What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Wednesday, March 18: Reader Submission

Today's Reader Submission comes from Laurie, who makes an extremely valid point about too much information in cyberspace. I try to limit the info about myself on the net, for example I only allow photos where I look good. All others must be immediately untagged and deleted. But, I digresss... some people feel the need to put everything online, from the details of their break-up or the famed "it's complicated" Facebook relationship status to photos of themselves drunk and wasted in compromising positions. People, it's just not necessary. Laurie explains:

"Sometimes, I'm afraid that I'm the only person left who doesn't feel the need to plaster my entire personal life, interests and every event I attend all over the internet. I hate going online and knowing every little detail about people I barely know or care about. Maybe if they were mildly entertaining, it would be less annoying.
"

Self-centered a-hole
I don't care about your life
You are so boring

Stranger don't tell me
About last night or your job
Makes me feel creepy



*Do you have a lifeku about something that annoys you? Send it to dailylifeku@gmail.com!

4 Comments:

meemo said...

You know, I can think of one person in particular who has the most uninteresting life ever and then proceeds to broadcast it on facebook with status updates every two seconds. The problem is, the person in question THINKS they are living the life of a fast paced high powered Washingtonian. If his updates were the slightest bit witty it wouldn't even be so bad.

meemo said...

The worst part is I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM. Never met him. Not once. You know because there are those people you meet once out somewhere and you become friends on facebook. This one just happens to be "friends" with like 20 of my friends. I just feel so guilty saying no.


Lame Status Updates
I need to stop befriending
Those friends of my friends

Daughter said...

I am totally trying to figure out who you are talking about...

meemo said...

It's not someone you know. Hell, I don't even know them.