What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Saturday, March 28

***Today is the mother of Daughter's birthday. In my neck of the woods we call her "Moomie." Don't ask. So Happy Birthday Moomie!

In honor of Moomie's birthday, I decided to write a haiku about my personal feelings on canned tuna fish, or "chicken of the sea." If you don't get it, don't worry, she will.


Dear canned tuna fish
You are so rank and nasty
Keep away from me

2 Comments:

meemo said...

Happy Birthday Moomie. BTW I put 4 new tuna fish recipes on the fridge for your mom. They look delicious. muah ha ha.

Daughter said...

Eww, I think I just through up in my mouth a little. You are coming very close to extinguishing the flame with your canned Tuna ways.