What is a lifeku?

A lifeku is a haiku about daily life. For those who are unfamiliar with haiku, it is a form of Japanese poetry usually about nature, "profound," and formatted in 3 lines of 5 syllables, 7 syllables, and 5 syllables. Feel free to check out some famous haikus if you still don't get it.

Comment. It'll make the popular kids like you.

Monday, December 1

Today is Monday, also known as Gossip Girl Day. Even though I am old enough to have known the mixed cassette tape, I still feel compelled to watch a TV show for 14 year-olds. I can't help it, it's Blair and Chuck, they make me crazy with their wicked schemes. They're like Sydney and Kimberly from Melrose Place only without the explosions. Besides, Serena is growing on me and Jenny's mullet will eventually grow out... which brings us to:

Why, Gossip Girl, Why?
I'm too old to love you so
Much, XOXO

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true. I am obsessed with this show. I'm not afraid to admit it.

Daughter said...

There's nothing to fear... embrace the GG. Queen B 4 Eva

maeganfidelino said...

I'm definitely with you on this one. I feel like I should be above GG, but I just adore the Blair & Chuck!

Daughter said...

@ megs: I know, it's like I want to stop but I just can't

simplysteph said...

i loveeee chuck. blair is gorgeous. everytime i talk about gossip girl i swear i sound like a 10 year old. whats a girl to do.